SWOP Denver will be doing outreach to street-based and survival sex workers throughout 2016. As of this posting, we are planning on doing our outreach around 8pm on the 2nd and 4th Friday of every month. Where we do outreach varies, so please contact us if your community would like us to bring our supplies and friendly faces to your neighborhood. You may also contact us to find out where we are planning on doing outreach any particular week.
Below, please find a list of outreach materials we commonly have available:
- We always have condoms, lube and other safer sex supplies
- Coffee or hot cocoa (on cold nights)
- Hats/ gloves/ hand warmers (during winter)
- Bleach kits (supplies to reduce harm for injection drug users)
- Crack kits (supplies to reduce harm for crack users and smokers)
- Various hygiene items, including feminine hygiene products
- Copies of our Bad Date List
What supplies we have available is often based on in-kind or financial donations, so if you would like to donate anything for our street outreach efforts please let us know! And if you are a current or former sex worker, or a person who is currently or has experienced homelessness, we would love to have you as a volunteer. The dates for street outreach coming up in February are 2/12 and 2/26.